Monday, April 22, 2013

Weigh In Monday

Well...Let's just say weigh in Monday didn't go as I had hoped. I gained .8 this week. I was honestly shocked when I saw that on the scale. I didn't think I did that bad this week. Plus, I had a lot of exercise! Oh well it is what it is. As my meeting lady said that is just part of the process. All I can do is do better next week.

As I reflected over my choices from last week, the more I thought about it, I realized that I definitely didn't have one of my better weeks. I had a lot of eating out, unhealthy snacks, and some yummy "healthy" cookies. I also have been feeling bloated, got a lot of activity in (which when I do this I gain sometimes), and drank a lot of water right before I weighed in tonight. I plan to not repeat the bad choices again this week. I really am going to go back to the basics of tracking everything I put in my mouth and I am going to make really good eating choices for the whole week so that on Saturday I can enjoy my husband's birthday dinner.

When I had got home after work and from running some errands I got on Facebook and saw that Zumba was cancelled for the whole week! :( I was devastated because it will be really hard for me to get as many activity points in. It, however, will force me to run. Which I did today. 

Today, I ran for 2.5 miles. I have not ran in over 2 weeks and I could tell. My first mile felt like a breeze. I was feeling really good. Even though the wind was blowing against me and making it a bit harder on me it just felt good to get out there and accomplish it. I love when the wind is blowing when I run because it feels like I have a fan on me the whole time. :) At about 1.7 miles I had to go pee soooo bad! I really didn't think I was going to make it. I ran past some bathrooms on my route and I was so happy that I would be able to go. I got to the bathrooms and they were locked. I thought I was going to die! I just tried to hurry up and finish my run so I could go pee. 

My legs were really sore today after my squats I did yesterday. I had forgot I had done them yesterday and when I woke up this morning I was trying to figure out why my legs were so sore. Then I remembered. My legs were pretty sore during my run and definitely afterwards too. I am going to do day 2 tonight.

Anyway, after tonight's weigh in I am going to try to not be discouraged and I am not going to give up.

2 comments:

  1. Don't give up! You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we can def use me as motivation for keeping on going...bahaha given last weeks most unfortunate weigh in. If I can (kinda) get past that, anyone can!! SO YEAH. You're def going to have a big loss next week. I can feel it comin in the air...

    Love you friend, you are the bomb dot com!

    ReplyDelete