Thursday, April 25, 2013

Don't Give Up!

Sorry for a few days of no blogging. I have felt discouraged and defeated the last few days. I was so bummed out with my gain on Monday. I know it wasn't much but it's just the fact that I gained and didn't lose. I was sitting home on Tuesday just reflecting still on the gain. I was going over what I was going to do different this week. Here are the few main things I came up with...

*No senseless snacking. I am not going to go into the kitchen to get a snack and munch on a few things and then "try" to record them afterwards. I am only going to snack on things I have already planned in my food journal. This week I have done awesome with it!! I am so proud of myself that I have been so successful at this. 

*Plan out my meals for the next day. The night before I enter all my stuff I am going to eat that next day. Then with whatever leftover points I have for that next day that is how many points I have for snacks. That way I know exactly where I am on my points. So today for example, after tracking my breakfast, coffee, lunch, afternoon granola bar and dinner I had 10 extra points for a snack. This has been so successful for me so far!

*Having ONE day a week for a treat using my extra points. I used to never really have it planned out. This weekend is Matt's birthday so I am saving my treat be Matt's birthday dinner tomorrow (which is pizza).

I am hoping that this will help me get back on track and be more successful. I know a lot of people say, "Don't give up, you can do it!" I really appreciate it and it means so much. But, after Monday's weigh in it was the first time I really just wanted to give up and be done. With all those nice comments it did help, but this time it was something I had to choose on my own. My dear friend, who is going through this same journey with me, which she doesn't know it but she is the best motivator and supporter for me, was talking with me yesterday and she said something that was so true! She was telling me that I could do it and not to give up. Like she said that doesn't make it better no matter what she could say. I had to choose it for myself. She was so right and that is what I did. I made the choice NOT to give up, but to keep going and know that it will take time, but I can do it!

Anyway, thanks for letting me write down my plan. It helps me stick with it. Again, thank you for all your kind words and support! They help me keep going.

Tonight we get to have my cousin's baby Kenadee for the night. She is 2 and the most adorable girl! I love this age. She is developing her sassy personality. Here is her and Matt playing store..


Matt is SO ready for a kid. He wants a kid really bad and is so good with them. Kenadee loves playing with Uncle Matt! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad you made the choice to chug on. Seeing you really makes me work harder. Thanks for all your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete