Thursday, April 18, 2013

This Week

Gosh, I have not written a post for a few days. I don't even have a good excuse. Anyway this week as been a good and busy one. I am glad tomorrow is Friday! We are on our 8th week left till summer. That's an extra plus! ;) When I get cards like this from my students it definitely shows me what a wonderful job I have.



Monday, which was weigh in Monday was a good weigh in so that always puts me in a great mood. I have been working this week on keeping my snacking in control. I have been pretty successful at it this far. 

My new lunch I am really digging right now is a turkey sandwich. Simple, but for some reason it taste extra good to me. Plus, it's only 4pp! I got some good dijon mustard that I like and with that on it, it makes it tasty. When I eat something that I really like I will eat it till I get bored of it. I have never had a problem eating the same thing.

After my weigh in on Monday my points went down another point. I now have 31 points a day. It always kind of bums me out when my points go down because I just got in the routine of the points I currently had at that time. I started at 40 points a day and have worked my way down. You would not think that 9 points is that big of a deal but it really is if you like to eat like I do. :) It is always a good sign though when your points go down because it means you are kicking booty at losing weight! ;) I have noticed that I use a few more of my extra points a week because when I want a treat it usually has to come out of my extra points instead of my daily points. 

I must say I have never been in that "hungry" stage when I have lowered my points though. That tells me that this program is truly designed in a way that is realistic and will help this weight loss last for a lifetime. That is exactly what I want!

I was thinking yesterday that I have not ran since last week. I have gone to Zumba everyday this week, which I am very proud of myself for that, I usually only make it 2-3 times a week. This week I have gone 4 days.

I have been thinking of signing up for a 5k in May. The thing is though, is if I am going to do the 5k I need to be running, not just Zumba. Tomorrow I am going to go running and we will see if I can go farther than 2 miles. Depending on how much farther past 2 miles I can run will probably help me decide if I will do the 5k in May or not. It is hard for me because I put so much energy into losing weight that it seems a little hard right now to put a lot of energy into running. I honestly am not really motivated to run right now. I don't however, want that to be the only reason I don't sign up for the 5k. Zumba is "easy" for me. I don't have to put a ton of thought or extra energy into it. It is a wonderful exercise for me, but it doesn't challenge me near as much as running does. I am definitely going to sign up for a 5k in September called the Color Run but I need to decide about the May 5k.

Tonight for dinner is hot dogs. I love these things! I just cut them up in 3oz size hot dogs. They make great thick hot dogs. Plus, it's only 4pp for 3oz!


2 comments:

  1. What kind of bread for your turkey sandwich?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I'm at 30pp! We can suffer together lol Isn't it crazy how sometimes, a lot of times actually, the simplest food is the freaking best?! I eat an english muffin with peanut butter or sunflower seed butter with sliced bananas on top of it every morning for breakfast, for no joke the past 13 weeks, and it's prob the best thing I eat all day. I looove it and look forward to it! And only 3 pp.

    ReplyDelete