Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Run With Mom

Today I was unable to go to Zumba tonight because I had to go back to work and help with a Kindergarten workshop that was to help parents prepare their students for school. So, instead I went on a run with my mom. This was just the 3rd time she started running. I am so proud of her! She has never been an athletic type but she began running after seeing me follow through with it. She ran 2 miles with me. 2 miles!! It was a little slower then I am use to but that just takes time to get that. Obviously I am still working on that part too. I just could not believe that her 3rd time, ever, running she ran 2 miles! I noticed because I was running a bit slower that I could definitely have ran farther. So tomorrow I think I might try to go a little slower then my normal pace and try to go further and see what happens. I really want to be able to run a 5k by summer. I am going to sign up for the Color Run 5k, but that race isn't till September. I would like to try a 5k before then.

I did better today after work not wanting to just eat everything in my kitchen. I had to run some errands after work so I didn't come home right after work and that helped. Also, when I did get home I did some laundry and dishes then went running right away. Instead of sitting on the couch and wanting to eat, staying busy and exercising helped me to not think about it. The bad thing about Zumba being at 5:30 at night is that I have a while after work and that is when I want to eat. On the days I run instead of do Zumba it is a lot easier to stay in control.

Tonight though, because I ate dinner at like 5 instead of 7ish when I usually do, I was hungry when I got home tonight after the workshop I helped with. I had to use 3 extra points to have another snack. Which is not bad at all because it is not something that happens all the time.

Today, I received a message from someone that follows my weight loss Facebook page that I don't know personally, but the message was so sweet. When people write to me and tell me that I inspire them and they are going through the same thing, they have no idea how much it motivates me. I remember all those kinds words when there are times I might think that this journey I am on is too hard. So, thank to those that motivate me and encourage me!

Hoping to stay in control of my afternoon craving tomorrow also! :) I also realized I have not posted pictures with my post in awhile. I will do a better job of remembering to take pictures of things throughout my day to share.

1 comment:

  1. If you can run 2 miles, you can definitely do a 5K! You go for it! And congrats to your mom. I'm still trying to convince myself I can do that some day and she gives me hope.

    ReplyDelete